Are you skeptical about taking CBD gummies? Find out how long they take to work and how long they last with this complete guide. Summer 2020 CBD Gummie stock up with your favorite cbd candy shop all your favorite flavors. Our biggest jar & best value for all who loves cbd gummies. Get 20% Off this Jar & Free 2nd day Shipping Today ! CBD Gummies Dosage: How Many Hemp Edibles Should You Take? If you’ve recently hopped on the idea of adding CBD to your daily routine and are now looking at the bottle of CBD gummies, wondering
How Long Does it Take for CBD Gummies to Work and How Long Do They Last?
Home » Blog » How Long Does it Take for CBD Gummies to Work and How Long Do They Last?
CBD has made a grand entrance onto the scene in recent years considering its many health benefits, but it’s still relatively new. With products on the market including full spectrum CBD, broad spectrum CBD, CBD isolate, CBD tincture, and most recently, CBD oil gummies, the research is continuing to grow in a positive direction. Naturally, if you’re someone that loves gummies and wants to enter the CBD space, you might have a few questions:
- How long for CBD gummies to kick in?
- When and how often should I take them?
- How long do CBD gummies last?
- Will it stay in my system for long?
- And maybe even, do CBD gummies work at all?
There are many factors to consider, and your questions may not have the perfectly straightforward answer you’d like-your body chemistry is unlike anyone else’s. But that doesn’t mean you can’t equip yourself with the proper knowledge to understand how CBD edible gummies work and what to expect.
- Gummies are a type of ingested edible that has to move through the digestive system before taking effect; this means they typically take longer to start working but longer to wear off, too.
- Several factors impact how long it takes before your CBD gummy kicks in, including body weight, metabolism, and recent meals.
- CBD doesn’t provide the same “high” feeling as THC, so it may be hard to tell precisely when it starts working. Be patient, and up your dosage as needed.
How Long Does CBD Gummies Take to Work?
CBD is a hemp plant extract associated with many benefits, such as enhanced muscle recovery, increased relaxation, improved pain management. There are many ways to use CBD products, with different absorption times for each method. No matter how you consume your CBD content, the active ingredients eventually make their way into the bloodstream-it’s only a matter of time (literally):
- Edibles – CBD oil gummies are a type of edible, just like CBD oil-infused brownies or lollipops and lozenges. There is a difference, however, in how you consume the CBD edible:
- Ingested – Chewable edibles can take longer to come into effect. They have to go all the way through the digestive system, into the liver (where the CBD concentration is somewhat reduced by the liver’s enzymes ), before finally entering the bloodstream and subsequently taking effect. This process can span 30, 60, and even 90+ minutes, depending on other factors.
- Absorbed sublingually – Lollipops, gum, and lozenges are edibles that you don’t swallow. Instead, they take a much shorter path to the bloodstream: through the mucus membranes in your mouth, specifically through the blood vessels under your tongue. This direct route typically allows the CBD product to produce results quicker.
- Tinctures – CBD oil tincture is often administered sublingually-under the tongue-as well. You can also choose to swallow it, but this roundabout route will take longer, as with edibles.
- Topical creams – This localized method of absorption is for acute aches and pains in certain body parts. The skin receptors usually have a low absorption rate, so creams can take up to an hour and a half for peak effectiveness and should be used abundantly.
- CBD vape pen or pre-rolls – Inhalation is another speedy delivery method, because the CBD concentration goes straight into the lungs, which have a direct line to the bloodstream. You may feel the effects as soon as a few minutes later.
Different CBD products, from topical CBD to CBD edibles and CBD gummies, can be used in different ways and therefore, work differently. So, how long does it take for CBD gummies to work, specifically? Generally speaking, taking your CBD gummy about one hour before you want the effects to kick in is a safe bet. However, you may notice the impact a little sooner. It typically comes down to the user.
Additionally, the exact time frame depends on a few factors (plus a couple of unknown variables):
- Empty or full stomach – Your CBD gummy has to be fully digested and absorbed before you’ll notice any benefits. If your stomach is full of non-CBD foods, the digestive system must work harder and longer before it breaks everything down. On an empty stomach, however, your CBD gummy is the only thing to dissolve.
- Metabolism – Your metabolism is a set of invaluable bodily processes, including converting food to proteins, acids, carbohydrates, and energy for your cells to function. In this case, your CBD gummy is one of the many things that your body breaks down. With a faster metabolism, you’ll more quickly absorb the CBD properties of your edible.
- Body composition – Your body is full of variable factors that can influence how you process and absorb CBD extract. This includes:
- Bodyweight and mass – Heavier people often require more CBD extract to feel the same effects. In turn, it takes longer to process this higher CBD concentration.
- Habitual medications – Certain prescription drugs can alter the speed with which your body digests substances, CBD infused gummies included.
- Digestive enzymes – Gastric enzymes are responsible for breaking down the food you ingest, which helps your body absorb the nutrients. Their speed and efficiency may be affected by certain stimuli, such as high stress.
It’s hard to give a precise answer about how long gummies take to start working with so many factors to consider. Your friend may feel the effects after only 30 minutes, while you don’t notice a thing until almost two hours later.
Over time, you’ll start to notice what your “average” looks like and how some of these variables might increase or decrease that typical absorption speed.
Important note : CBD doesn’t provide the same “high” or “stoned” feeling as THC, so it can be a little tougher to determine exactly when the effects kick in. You may be wondering, “ How many CBD gummies should I eat? ”. If you’re still not sure whether it’s working after several hours, you may want to consider upping your dosage next time around-remember to start small and build up slowly to avoid any potential side effects.
Also, should you have any concerns, it’s wise to consult your doctor prior to adding CBD into your wellness routine.
How Long Does CBD Gummies Last?
Your body is a complex, unique organism. The same factors that affect your CBD gummies’ onset will also affect the duration of experienced benefits.
Again, it’s different for everyone, but here are a few noticeable variables that may impact how long you get to enjoy your gummies:
- Body composition & exercise – CBD is a fat-soluble compound, meaning we store a portion of it in our fat cells. It takes longer for people with a higher percentage of body fat to flush their system completely. Intense, fat-burning exercise may expedite the process.
- Metabolism – Your metabolism affects both how long a CBD gummy will last and how long it takes to kick in, in a similar but somewhat inverse way:
- If your metabolism works quickly , you’ll likely feel the effects sooner, but they’ll be more short-lived. Your body will flush the CBD out of your system faster—early onset, earlier fade out.
- If you have a slower metabolism, your body needs more time to process and break down the components. The CBD might take longer to come into effect but also longer to go out of effect.
How Long Will CBD Last in My System?
Even after the effects have worn off, the CBD may still be in your system. The same is true of many substances that you ingest.
This is because of CBD’s half-life. All substances and compounds have a unique half-life, which is the time it takes for the body to eliminate half of the initial concentration. Researchers and scientists have not yet been able to nail down the exact half-life of CBD, but estimates hover around a day or more-some say 18-32 hours, others claim one or two days.
Let’s say, for argument’s sake, that CBD’s half-life is 24 hours. Here’s what would happen in your body after a single dose of 100 mg CBD product:
- Immediately upon consumption: 100 mg
- 24 hours after consumption: 50 mg
- 48 hours after consumption: 25 mg
- 72 hours after consumption: 12.5 mg
- And so on, at this same rate
There’s no definitive answer, but a lot of sources point to the same approximate conclusion: CBD likely remains in your system for about five days or more, in decreasing concentrations. Does CBD show up on a drug test?
When Should I Take My CBD Gummies?
As you can probably guess, there’s no one-time-fits-all recommendation for CBD users. Some CBD users pop in a few each morning; others take their CBD gummies a couple of hours before bedtime-this depends on how long it takes for them to kick in, how long they last, and, in part, on why you’re using CBD in the first place:
- Energy and focus – If CBD helps you feel rejuvenated and in high spirits, a gummy or two first thing in the morning will set you up for a good day. If you feel the effects start to wear off midday, you may want to split your dosage half-and-half between the morning and afternoon for a consistent, prolonged result. Taking it too late in the day may, however, result in overstimulation at bedtime.
- Restful nighttime sleep – If you become drowsy and relaxed with CBD, ingest your gummies a couple of hours before you intend to sleep. Two hours should be enough time, but if you find the effects work quickly on you, take them closer to bedtime. The CBD should be out of your system by morning, giving you a good night’s sleep without any morning-after grogginess.
- Aches and strains – As a top tier athlete who needs to soothe their aching muscles while on the go, try taking your CBD gummies spread throughout the day for more consistent relief. If you feel especially roused or restless, take them earlier rather than later.
Find Your Rhythm with Resilience CBD
Everyone’s different. On the one hand, individuality and uniqueness are wonderful; on the other, it makes it a little bit harder to decide when to take your CBD gummies.
This guide can help you make informed decisions about when to schedule your daily doses, but it’s all a matter of trial and error at the end of the day.
Luckily, Resilience CBD gummies come in an easy-to-portion 10 mg concentration that you can take with you wherever. With such convenience, you can pop one in one of our company’s gummies on your way to a stressful meeting, after some hardcore endurance training at the gym, or when you get on the train at the end of a long day.
If it works for you, then it works!
Written by: Michael Tatz | Linkedin
Michael Tatz is the Co-Founder of Resilience CBD, and a passionate leader in the health & fitness world helping others rise to and crush their wildest goals. A former Division 1 college wrestler, Army Officer, and investment manager at Goldman Sachs, he has pushed his body and mind to the limits on the mats, dressed in camo, and in the boardroom.
Today, he spends his time leading Resilience CBD to develop the absolute best recovery products for athletes everywhere. Resilience was founded after CBD personally impacted Michael’s life, and the brand was built to partner with everyday athletes in pursuit of conquering their most difficult challenges, rebounding after their toughest performances, and rising to their goals that once seemed impossible.
CBD Gummies 3000mg Jar
Do you consider yourself a connoisseur of CBD Gummies? If so, you can’t go wrong with a whopping 3000mg jar of Just CBD Gummies. Not only do the colorful CBD treats taste spectacular, they can help you manage stress. Relaxing your mind and body can be a breeze with our delicious hemp gummies. In no time, you can unwind, which makes it easy to earn a full night of quality sleep. The improved rest does wonders for one’s energy level the next day. The CBD infused gummies are made from organic hemp and are completely gluten free, fat free, dairy free, MSG free. Not bad for a dietary supplement. Best of all, you have so many wonderful shapes and flavors to choose from, including fun Clear Bears, Watermelon Rings, Sour Worms, Happy Face Emojis, Cherries, vegan friendly Rainbow Ribbons and sugar free CBD Gummies. The hardest part is picking which CBD edibles to try first. Chilling out can be a piece of cake.
- Additional information
Are 3000mg CBD Gummies enormously powerful?
While 3000mg CBD Gummies containers have more CBD per jar, the individual gummies possess the same amount of CBD as the edibles found in the other sized jars. The main difference lies in the number of gummies per jar.
Should I buy 3000mg, 1000mg, 750mg, 500mg or 250mg gummies?
The potency of your CBD Gummies depends on your experience with CBD items. Other factors to consider include your weight, what you’re using CBD for, and how long you plan to make these gummies last. Those who seek a beginner-level type of CBD Gummies are more likely to enjoy either a 250mg jar or 500mg jar , whether it’s for managing stress or for promoting well-being. On the other hand, those who are more experienced with CBD and seek out something for the purpose of pain, may want to turn to something more concentrated, like a 750mg or our most popular 1000mg jar .
How are JustCBD Gummies made?
The ingredients in our CBD Gummies include: corn syrup, sugar (from beets), water, gelatin, lactic acid, citric acid, fumaric acid, natural and artificial flavors, pectin (derived from fruit), titanium dioxide (color), FD&C; yellow #5, FD&C; yellow #6, FD&C; red #40, FD&C; blue #1, hemp extract cannabinol (CBD), and coconut oil.
How many 3000mg gummies should I eat?
The answer depends on the amount of CBD you plan on taking, and what type of gummy you enjoy consuming. Here is the approximate CBD dosage per gummy flavor/shape: Multicolor Bears: approx. 10mg each Sour Bears: approx. 10mg each Apple Rings: approx. 21mg each Happy Faces: approx. 7.5mg each Worms: approx. 25mg each Rainbow Ribbons: approx. 12.5mg each Sour Worms: approx. 12.5mg each Peach Rings: approx. 21mg each Gummy Cherries: approx. 19mg each Blue Raspberry Rings: approx. 21mg each Watermelon Rings: approx. 21mg each
Can CBD gummies cause diarrhea?
When taken in excessive amounts, CBD gummies may cause side effects such as nausea and diarrhea. With that being said, it’s important that you stick with a manageable dose when starting out, and to adhere to the usage warning on the packaging.
How long do CBD gummies start working?
For some individuals, CBD gummies may reach the bloodstream in as little as 30 minutes, while it may take closer to an hour for others.
What are the pros and cons of CBD gummies?
In comparison to products like CBD vapes, the general con to CBD gummies is that they take longer to kick in. However, this leads to one of the pros: that CBD gummies stay in the system for longer. On top of that, CBD gummies are tasty, delicious, and easy to measure.
Which CBD gummies are best for pain?
Typically, those who seek CBD gummies for pain relief report the most success for higher potencies. That being said, it’s important to note that there is not enough evidence proving that CBD gummies are a viable pain treatment.
Are CBD gummies federally legal?
CBD gummies are federally legal, as long as the CBD is hemp-derived, and contains less than 0.3% delta-9 THC on a dry-weight basis.
What CBD gummies are best for sleep?
CBD has become increasingly popular for a good night’s sleep. And while there’s not enough evidence to confirm that CBD gummies can help with sleep, they’re especially popular in formulas containing melatonin.
The Best 3000 mg CBD Gummies
CBD Clear Bear – Just CBD gummy bears are more than the latest fad. The powerful CBD treats are a delicious way to get the marvelous benefits of Mother Nature’s cannabis. Not only are the Clear Bear gummies legal across the United States, a person never has to fear a euphoric high from natural CBD products for sale.
CBD Peach Rings – Our tangy Peach Ring CBD oil gummies are superb at putting an individual’s mind at ease. Feeling no stress whatsoever, people have no difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep for 8 hours at a time. The following day, you can hop right out of bed, looking and feeling completely refreshed, as well as energized.
CBD Apple Rings – One of the most popular CBD edibles available, Apple Rings pack a sweet taste. The gummies work in the endocannabinoid system to improve somebody’s general wellbeing. Simply enjoy a flavorful CBD snack and an individual can experience a fantastic frame of mind in no time.
CBD Watermelon Rings – Every time you eat a Watermelon Ring, the strong CBD mixes into your system’s CB1 and CB2 receptors. Then your system will be completely chilled out for about 5 hours at a time. Add plenty of sweetness to your day with a Watermelon Ring CBD Gummie.
CBD Clear Worms – Always a favorite among Just CBD gummies 3000 mg buyers, our tasty Worms are relied on by men and women suffering from too much stress. Considerably larger than gummy bears, our colorful Clear CBD Worms are known for quickly helping folks unwind, both mentally and physically.
CBD Sour Worms – As marvelous as they taste, there is no wrong way to eat Sour Worm gummies. Perhaps you’d like to savor Just CBD gummies on or under your tongue for a while. Or maybe you would prefer to swallow the CBD candy whole, if not spend a while chewing it up to cherish the sour taste.
CBD Rainbow Ribbons – After years of leading the industry, we understand what consumers want to purchase, such as our pre-dosed Rainbow Ribbons. They are extremely appetizing too. With so many people wanting to know where to buy CBD gummies near me, JustCBD is the one smart solution.
CBD Happy Face Emoji – If you want to go all out with 3000 mg CBD gummies you should get ahold of CBD Happy Face Emoji gummies. The beloved emoji CBD items are extremely potent, as well as completely safe. JustCBD makes it a point to put all our merchandise through third party testing.
CBD Blueberry Raspberry Rings – Let’s say you desire a hefty dose of fruity flavor with your delectable CBD gummy, you can’t go wrong with Blueberry Raspberry Rings. For years, relaxing Blueberry Raspberry Rings have often been a preference among our customers, simply for their high quality taste.
CBD Sour Bear – Like all Just CBD gummy bear edibles, Sour Bear gummies come from organic hemp plants. That means there is not enough THC to give a person the euphoric high associated with marijuana. Yet, Sour Bear gummies are perfect for easing the pressure of everyday life.
CBD Gummy Cherries – JustCBD’s Gummy Cherries are so divine that buyers sometimes take a few at a time. No worries. It is not possible for a CBD Gummies dosage to be too high. While it may take up to 60 minutes for the CBD to kick in, the amazing benefits can last 6 to 8 hours at a time.
CBD Sugar Free Gummies – As explained in their name, every one of our luscious CBD Gummies on the market is made with no sugar whatsoever. Instead, we depend on hydrogenated glucose Lycasin to supply their sweet tastes. Best of all, you won’t even know the difference.
Clear bear, Peach Rings, Apple Rings, Watermelon Rings, Clear Worms, Sour Worms, Rainbow Ribbons, Emoji, Blueberry Rings, Sour bear, Cherries, Sugar Free, Strawberry Banana
CBD Gummies Dosage: How Many Hemp Edibles Should You Take?
If you’ve recently hopped on the idea of adding CBD to your daily routine and are now looking at the bottle of CBD gummies, wondering “How many gummies should I eat?”, then you’re reading the right article.
There are actually plenty of people asking the same question — just Google it and you’ll see hundreds of results with new users asking “how many CBD gummies should I eat”; of course, there are as many answers as the threads depending on who you ask.
That’s because there’s no straightforward, universal answer. That being said, our guide provides some handy tips that can make it more of a funny experiment instead of an ordeal.
We’ll cover a lot of basics to help you the best decision on your CBD dosage.
Long story short:
- There is no one-size-fits-all dose of CBD. Every consumer is different, so take your time to experiment and find what works for you.
- Several individual factors affect the number of CBD gummies you should take, from your chemical composition to the potency of your gummies to the ailment that you want to address, and more.
- The best approach to taking CBD gummies is to start with low doses and gradually increase the amount of CBD once you’re comfortable with the results.
Factors Determining the Right CBD Gummies Dosage for You
Most people want simple answers when it comes to “how many CBD gummies should I eat?”
Take one for mild pain.
Take two for anxiety and sleep.
And, if you’re suffering from a severe ailment, eat four gummies.
Alas, this doesn’t work that way.
CBD gummies come in a range of potencies; some contain 5 mg of CBD, while others pack 25 mg of CBD or more per gummy. You might take three of a low-dose gummy, but only one if you have a high-potency product.
Once you figure out what dosage works for you — measured in milligrams — you need to translate this amount into the correct number of gummies, based on several parameters that we’ll discuss in the next section.
The right dosage for CBD gummies depends on the following factors:
- Unique body chemistry
- Desired effect and potency
- Condition being address
You can use the totality of these factors as a framework, but keep in mind that everyone is different. In the end, nothing can beat the classic trial and error.
Here we cover each factor affecting CBD dosage to give you an idea of how complex they are.
1. Your Body Weight
In drinking culture, the term “lightweight” refers to a person that needs a smaller dose of alcohol to get drunk. In contrast, “heavyweight” users need more booze to call it a night.
These terms also apply to health supplements, so if you’re called a lightweight user, this isn’t necessarily an insult. It’s just a colloquial way to describe the science behind how your body metabolizes different compounds.
Weight is an important indicator of how well your body processes certain compounds, whether it’s CBD or another health supplement. You can use your body weight to establish your starting dose — and adjust it accordingly if you’re looking for stronger effects.
Here’s how it works for different weight groups (more or less):
- Under 130 lbs – up to 11 mg
- 130 to 230 lbs – up to 18 mg
- Above 230 lbs – up to 23 mg
Even the above categories are quite broad when it comes to finding a good point of reference. For example, there’s a large difference between people weighing 130 pounds and 230 pounds. 11 mg can be too much for someone weighing 130 lbs or less, while it can be nowhere near the desired effects for someone over 230 lbs.
You can also calculate the dosage by taking 1-5 mg per 10 pounds of body weight. Simply divide your weight by 10 and you’ll get the number of milligrams that you can start with. You can start at the low end, and if you don’t feel any relief, increase the dose gradually until you find the sweet spot.
2. Your Metabolism
Here you need to consider your lifestyle.
Are you an active person?
Do you have a sitting job or does it require you to be up and about all day?
What is the cornerstone of your eating? Do you consume nutrient-dense food or are you a sugar burner?
Your metabolism plays an important role in establishing the right dosage of CBD because it affects the rate at which your body processes it along with other cannabis compounds.
If you want to speed up the onset of effects, you can take CBD gummies on an empty stomach. For more pronounced but slower-acting effects, we recommend consuming the gummies after a meal. While it will slow down the metabolism of CBD, it will also increase its bioavailability so that more of the active ingredient reaches your bloodstream.
3. The Potency of Your CBD Gummies
Your body’s tolerance is just one of the many things to consider when identifying your dosing range. Some people are aiming for more substantial effects and thus may need to eat more gummies than an average consumer.
The starting doses highlighted above are recommended based on mild effects. These doses can change depending on the power you expect from your reactions:
Moderate Effects Strong Effects Below 130 lbs 12 – 14 mg 15 – 17 mg 130 – 230 lbs 19 – 23 mg 24 – 27 mg Over 230 lbs 24 – 30 mg 31 – 45 mg
By moderate effects, we mean increased relief from pain and better stress management. Strong effects refer to dosages used for easing severe mental and physical discomfort.
Those weighing under 130 lbs can use relatively low doses to experience the health benefits of CBD. If you’re in this weight group, you should be able to get decent results without crossing a dose of 20 mg.
But, since everyone is different, there are more factors to consider.
- Rated #1 for overall
- Made with locally grown, organic hemp
- 100% organic, free of pesticides, and artificial ingredients
- Delicious fruity flavor
- 0% THC
- Established brand with 24/7 customer support
- 30-day 100% money-back guarantee
- Sourced from US-grown organic hemp
- Contains broad-spectrum CBD
- Up to 33 mg CBD/mL
- Organic sweeteners
- Third-party tested for potency and purity
4. The Condition Being Addressed
How much CBD you need to eat depends on why you’re taking CBD. Outlining your priorities is paramount if you want to experience specific effects. Different physiological or psychological ailments may benefit from lower or higher doses of CBD.
– 15 to 30 mg to ease the discomfort and enhance focus.
– 10 to 25 mg before bed can influence your sleep cycles and positively affect different stages of your sleep.
– the optimal dosage range for inflammatory pain can range from as little as 5 mg to 50 mg to reduce soreness and mitigate pain signals. The efficacy of CBD for pain varies greatly depending on the severity of the discomfort and the type of pain. People with severe discomfort may need anywhere close to 600 mg, although these are extreme cases.
- General support and focus – 5 mg to 15 mg should suffice if you’re looking for a subtle boost of concentration to kickstart your workday. You can use this dosage range without addressing any specific ailment. Many people consume CBD daily in lower amounts to support healthy levels of their own endocannabinoids and some even reported using it as a substitute for consuming nicotine products.
The journal Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research issued a report on the safety and efficacy of CBD, concluding that the compound is safe and well-tolerated by humans, even in doses as high as 1,500 mg per day.
That being said, CBD has a few mild side effects and can interact with a lot of medications, so we recommend exercising caution and talking to your doctor before buying CBD gummies for any specific condition. We’ll get to that later in this article
5. Your Body’s Chemistry
This factor is a little bit more difficult to predict, as it boils down to how different individuals experience the effects of CBD after specific doses. For some people, CBD provides great results with first use, while for others, it can take upwards of 2 weeks to notice a difference.
The efficacy of CBD depends on how deep your endocannabinoid deficiencies are. As the modulator of the endocannabinoid system, CBD works to balance its functioning and help it maintain healthy levels of endocannabinoids by acting on different hormones and enzymes throughout the body.
Although extremely rare, it may happen that you experience unwanted reactions after CBD that occur every time you eat CBD gummies. Should that be the problem, discontinue CBD use and try to find where the issue is.
There are a few possible explanations for feeling bad after eating CBD gummies, including:
- Negative drug interactions – CBD can interact with a lot of daily prescription medication. Consulting your pharmacist or doctor will help you establish the right routine and avoid these interactions.
- Contamination with unwanted ingredients – this is the peril of buying CBD in an unregulated market. Some companies still neglect lab testing, which results in many contaminated products being churned out for sale. Always look for the certificate of analysis from a third-party laboratory; the lab analysis should list the potency of CBD, the entire cannabinoid and terpene profile, as well as the results for common contaminants such as heavy metals, solvents, pesticides, and mycotoxins.
If you don’t take any drugs, and the gummies you have are of high quality, the dosage may trigger adverse reactions. If you feel uncomfortable, try a lower dosage and increase it slowly until you can experience the health benefits of CBD without any side effects.
6. The Bioavailability of CBD Gummies
Bioavailability is expressed in percentages and refers to the leftover amount of CBD that circulates in the bloodstream upon ingestion. Different forms of CBD offer different bioavailability.
For example, the bioavailability of CBD oils is around 35%. For vapes, this figure is even higher, reaching 56% (1).
Unfortunately, oral forms of CBD such as gummies and capsules offer the lowest bioavailability of all consumption methods. In the best case scenario, 20% of the ingested CBD content will end up in your circulatory system.
You can increase the bioavailability of CBD gummies by either choosing a product with added fatty acids (e.g. from hemp oil) or by eating them after a hearty meal.
7. Full-spectrum CBD vs. CBD Isolate
There are three main types of CBD: full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolate.
Full-spectrum CBD edibles reflect the original phytochemical profile of hemp. It contains CBD along with adjunctive cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, and traces of THC. Depending on the extraction method, it can also contain chlorophyll and other water-soluble compounds.
Broad-spectrum CBD is similar to its full-spectrum counterpart; the only difference is the lack of THC, which is further removed after initial extraction.
CBD isolate is just pure CBD. It usually occurs in the form of crystalline powder, which is then infused into a range of products, such as tinctures, capsules, vapes, and gummies.
Full-spectrum CBD is the most effective type according to consumers and scientific studies (2). That’s because CBD works synergistically with other hemp compounds to create more pronounced therapeutic effects. This phenomenon is known as the entourage effect (3). Unlike broad-spectrum CBD and isolates, full-spectrum extracts are also more predictable in terms of determining the effective dosage.
Still, if you’re concerned about failing a drug test with full-spectrum CBD gummies, the latter options are a safer pick — provided that the manufacturer can prove the THC content with relevant lab reports.
How Many CBD Gummies Should You Eat?
People usually take 1–5 gummies per day depending on their potency and their goals with CBD.
As we said, there’s no universal dosage for every individual. That being said there ARE a few hacks that you can use to correctly gauge the number of gummies in your daily routine.
Tips for Correctly Dosing Your CBD Gummies
Gummies offer an easy way to ingest CBD. They’re tasty, easy to carry around, convenient, and contain a predetermined dose of CBD per serving. The container will clearly indicate how much CBD is in a single gummy. They’re labeled as “10 mg” or “25 mg” depending on the potency. There is no such thing as a standard dose of CBD gummies.
Fortunately, you can easily find a way to match the potency with your dosage so that your supplementation turns out affordable in the long run:
- Purchase high-potency gummies and portion them. If you purchase gummies with 40 mg of CBD, you can cut them into quarters and use half of the gummy one day, and the other half the other day. With low-potency gummies like 5 mg, you’d need to increase your sugar intake along with CBD, which isn’t good for your health.
- Up the dosage using smaller increments. You can play with the size and potency of your gummies the other way round. When you’re trying CBD gummies for the first time, choosing lower strengths gives you smaller increments that you can use to gradually increase your dose and make precise adjustments without overdoing CBD and triggering unwanted reactions.
- Get high-strength CBD gummies for potent effects. Some gummies can contain 40-50 mg of CBD, so if you pop two before bed, you can easily put yourself to sleep and wake up rested at night due to the size of your dose. Such gummies are great if you want to embrace the relaxing side of using CBD.
Some people take a few gummies at a time; others split their dosage throughout the day. Some eat CBD gummies in the morning to boost alertness and productivity, while other users enjoy them shortly before bed to get that recommended 8 hours of shut eyes.
Are CBD Gummies Safe?
CBD gummies are safe as long as you buy them from a reputable source that uses organic hemp, natural ingredients, and tests its products in a third-party laboratory.
It’s impossible to lethally overdose on CBD because it doesn’t interfere with the brain’s region controlling respiratory functions.
However, taking too many CBD gummies at once may trigger a few mild reactions.
What Are the Side Effects of CBD Gummies?
- Dry mouth
- Appetite fluctuation
There’s also the risk of interactions with certain prescription medications, so once again, we suggest that you consult a doctor if you’re taking any medications and are considering adding CBD gummies to your regimen.
Where to Find the Best CBD Gummies
The ideal dosage may vary between you and your friends — but the quality should remain the same.
Choosing the right CBD gummies is just as important as finding the right dose.
While CBD gummies are widely available in stores near you, we recommend finding a trustworthy online supplier if you’re looking for the best deals on high-quality CBD.
Online stores don’t have to deal with the middleman, so they can offer regular discounts, bulk pricing, and reward programs for their products.
Another perk of buying CBD gummies online is the number of opportunities for researching your potential vendors.
Here are a few important things to check for:
- The hemp source – the best CBD gummies are made from locally-grown, non-GMO, organic hemp. Such plants yield clean, high-CBD flowers, which are the perfect source for full-spectrum CBD extracts. On the contrary, mass-produced hemp imported from overseas is likely to be contaminated with pesticides and chemical fertilizers on top of the heavy metals from polluted soil.
- The extraction method – CO2 and ethanol extraction are two popular methods of making CBD gummies. CO2 is the golden standard because it captures the original phytochemical profile of hemp without adding too much heat or using aggressive solvents on the way. Reputable companies will never use hydrocarbon solvents like propane or butane because they are dangerous for the user and highly flammable — increasing the risk of explosions.
- Third-party testing – if a company doesn’t post third-party lab reports or doesn’t send them via email, it’s an instant red flag. Always look for relevant and up-to-date Certificates of Analysis confirming the potency and purity of your CBD gummies.
- The company’s reputation – trustworthy companies have a lot of positive reviews on third-party websites. Their social media channels are also full of positive feedback from satisfied customers. If there’s anything wrong about the company, the Internet will spit it out, so if you notice a brand with a lot of negative reviews all over the web, you may want to look for CBD gummies somewhere else.
So… How Many CBD Gummies Should You Take?
CBD gummies are easy to dose if you know your body’s tolerance to CBD and the principles behind the metabolism of cannabinoids. Using your weight and the intensity of effects is a good way to determine a starting point, whether it’s 5 mg, 10 mg, or 50 mg of CBD daily.
From there, you’ll need to adjust the number of CBD gummies to your optimal dosage, keeping in mind that oral forms of CBD offer lower bioavailability. If it takes more gummies than expected, you may need to switch to a more potent product. Don’t get discouraged if it takes a couple of tries to nail your dosage — consistency is key.
How many CBD gummies do you eat per day? What does your dosage help you with? Let us know in the comments!
- Millar, S. A., Stone, N. L., Yates, A. S., & O’Sullivan, S. E. (2018). A Systematic Review on the Pharmacokinetics of Cannabidiol in Humans. Frontiers in pharmacology, 9, 1365. https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2018.01365
- Gallily, Ruth & Yekhtin, Zhannah & Hanus, Lumir. (2015). Overcoming the Bell-Shaped Dose-Response of Cannabidiol by Using Cannabis Extract Enriched in Cannabidiol. Pharmacology & Pharmacy. 06. 75-85. 10.4236/pp.2015.62010.
- Russo E. B. (2011). Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects. British journal of pharmacology, 163(7), 1344–1364. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2011.01238.x
Livvy is a registered nurse (RN) and board-certified nurse midwife (CNM) in the state of New Jersey. After giving birth to her newborn daughter, Livvy stepped down from her full-time position at the Children’s Hospital of New Jersey. This gave her the opportunity to spend more time writing articles on all topics related to pregnancy and prenatal care.