CBD Oil for Hair Loss
It’s high time for the world to use cannabis for various pharmaceutical purposes. As legalization continues to spread across the US, the stigma around the consumption of marijuana has drastically reduced. There’s been a positive change in people’s attitudes as more and more of them are inclining to buy and use weed-based products.
2 Best CBD Oils for Hair Loss in 2022
Ingredients: Full spectrum industrial hemp cannabidiol (cbd), organic jojoba (simmondsia chinensis) oil, rosehip (rosa canina) oil
Ingredients: Full spectrum industrial hemp cannabidiol (cbd), organic jojoba (simmondsia chinensis) oil, rosehip (rosa canina) oil
View all CBD Oil for Hair Loss
CBD has been doing rounds in the market for treating pain, anxiety, and other ailments. Do you know that it’s now considered to be a secret ingredient to healthy hair? Evidence suggests that cannabis is packed with nutrients, which fight hair thinning and promote healthier and thicker locks. CBD oil for hair loss is something that you need to keep your eyes on, ladies! Let’s explore the benefits of CBD and its connection with hair.
What Causes Hair Thinning?
Honestly, hair loss can be the worst experience of your life. Seeing strands of hair falling while you comb each time is worse than heartbreak. Hair thinning or baldness affects almost everyone and the causes vary from one individual to another. Here’re a few possible reasons:
- Family history – Hair loss can be hereditary and it aggravates with age, which is often referred to as androgenic alopecia. It happens slowing causing receding hairline in men and thinning of hair around the crown in women.
- Changes in hormones – Hormonal changes due to the thyroid, childbirth, pregnancy, and menopause lead to temporary or permanent loss of hair.
- Medications – Certain drugs, especially those used for heart ailments, cancer, gout, arthritis, blood pressure, and depression can cause hair to fall out.
- Stress – This is one of the factors that can result in hair thinning in both men and women.
Using CBD for Hair loss
Losing a bunch of strands is very unfortunate. You might be losing hair because of stress or other underlying conditions. Fortunately, CBD oil for hair can prevent hair loss by stimulating hair growth and treating the scalp.
On applying cannabis-infused oil on your scalp, it boosts the flow of blood. It delivers the right nutrients to the hair follicles, reduces the presence of harmful toxins on the scalp, suppresses inflammation, and gives a healthier environment for hair to grow. The oil reaches the sebaceous glands, which further lubricates hair follicles, enriching healthier growth.
You can also ingest cannabis oil for hair loss to calm your mind and alleviate anxiety. A good night’s sleep can reduce half of your stress and troubles. Often, a high level of cortisol is linked to baldness, and ingesting CBD oil can minimize the production of cortisol. You can also go through our reviews to know more about it.
How CBD Controls Hair Loss?
- It encourages growth – Hair fall becomes an issue when the hair does not grow back at a similar rate as its falling. Several factors impede the growth rate, such as dandruff, lack of nutrients, chemical deposits, and more. If you’re dreaming to have a beautiful mane, adding CBD hair products to your hair care routine can help. CBD oil has the goodness of omega fatty acids that nurtures hair cuticles, soothes the dry scalp, and locks the moisture. Moreover, it also encourages blood circulation near the hair follicles that strengthens the hair. You can find some of the finest CBD oil for hair loss in our top product list.
- It treats the scalp – CBD is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties, which soothes your scalp and reduces inflammation or any other diseases. Skin conditions like, eczema, flaky patches, itching can affect the growth rate. In severe cases, this can lead to premature baldness. The cannabidiol interacts with the scalp’s cannabinoid receptors and regulates the working of the body’s immune system. Hemp oil for hair loss also influences the production of natural sebum in the scalp, reducing fungal infections. It further cleanses the scalp from toxins that settle in from hair spray, hair color, and conditioner.
- It cures stress and hormonal induced baldness – Do you know that hair thinning can also be induced by hormonal fluctuations and stress? Nursing or pregnant women or women undergoing menopause witness dramatic imbalance in their hormonal levels. DHT is a hormone that causes receding hairline and baldness. When external treatments fail, you can go for CBD for hair loss. Cannabidiol interacts with receptors and aids in bringing hormonal balance in the body. Similarly, it works on the stress level too as that has hampers overall hair growth. To know more, go through our review section.
- It prevents hair breakage – Exposure to sun rays and pollution damages your supple skin and gorgeous curls. Your hair loses luster with time and starts falling out. Besides, poor lifestyle, styling tools, and low-quality hair products- all cause a deep impact on the health of your locks. The best solution is to get a CBD treatment for hair loss because it strengthens hair follicles and repairs damaged hair. Soon, your locks will get back the lost charm and appear smooth and silky. The nutrients and antioxidants in cannabidiol safeguard the hair from losing moisture.
Interested to buy one? Our top product list displays the best CBD oil for hair loss.
What’s Present in CBD Oil for Hair Growth?
CBD oil contains a 3:1 ratio of omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids. It also comprises gamma-linolenic acid, oleic acid, and stearidonic acid, which are polyunsaturated fatty acids, in smaller amounts. If you use a tablespoon of weed oil, you will get 1.5gms of unsaturated fat, 14gms of fat, and 12.5gms of polyunsaturated fat.
Vitamin E, phospholipids, carotene, chlorophyll, phytosterols are other essential elements present. Minerals like, zinc, iron, sulfur, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium are also found in cannabis-infused oil. Check our reviews to know more!
More choices available
Products You Must Try
Here’s the truth. Don’t be fooled if you see hair products contain cannabis plants on the label because this necessarily doesn’t mean the bottle contains pure extracts of CBD. A lot of CBD hair products have only hemp seed oil that only provides nourishment to the tresses but doesn’t contain anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants like that of cannabidiol. CBD oil is sourced from the leaves and flowers of marijuana, hence is more powerful and offers immense benefits. Here’s a rundown of CBD hair products that you can purchase.
– Besides cannabidiol, these shampoos are infused with natural fruit extracts and essential oils, which are highly effective to treat dry scalp and stimulate hair growth. As these are free of sulfate and paraben, your locks appear healthier and attractive.
- CBD conditioner – Cannabis conditioner seals moisture and water in the hair, making it look shinier. You no longer have to worry about hair breakage and thinning when you are out in the sun.
- CBD hair serum – It strengths brittle hair, gives a smooth texture, and makes hair manageable. It contains the goodness of rich Argan oil and flower extracts, which intensely hydrates the hair and prevents pesky split ends.
You can undoubtedly say that CBD oil is a secret weapon that can fight different hair problems, including thinning, breakage, and baldness. From moisturizing your mane to promoting healthy growth and maintaining a toxin-free scalp, cannabis oil benefits for hair is huge. As legalization continues, weed products are also becoming widely accessible to people.
So, ladies and men, instead of spending dollars on external treatments and hair care medications to get voluminous and wavy locks, buy CBD hair products. On using it daily, you not only save your hair from falling but also add an extra ‘oomph’ to your curls.
For any doubts, you can go through our review section and check the feedback. You won’t regret buying one!
Can CBD Help With Hair Loss? We Investigate
Bianca is a contributing writer for Byrdie specializing in natural hair and skincare. You can find her work in xoNecole, The Everygirl, POPSUGAR, Travel Noire, and more.
CBD is the darling of the beauty industry at the moment. If you’re like us you’re intrigued by the hemp plant-derived cannabidiol. We know that CBD can benefit those with anxiety. There are also claims that CBD can smooth wrinkles, hydrate, and even get rid of acne. The scientific jury is still out on substantiating those claims, but what we do know is that CBD has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. So how can those properties benefit hair? To get more information on how CBD might be able to benefit our hair and help with hair loss, we talked with Michelle Henry, MD, a board-certified dermatologist, Harvard-trained Mohs surgeon, and Cantu Partner.
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of using CBD for hair loss. We want to share the differences between CBD and hemp seed oil. These are two variations of Cannabis sativa that are both hitting the skin and hair care market. They each have anti-inflammatory properties, but they are created differently. On the one hand, CBD oil is derived from the stalks, leaves, and flowers of the hemp plant which means there are higher concentrations of CBD in its makeup. On the other hand, hemp seed oil is made from the seeds of the Cannabis sativa plant.
Now that we’ve given you that tidbit of information, it’s time to talk CBD for hair loss.
Meet the Expert
is a board-certified dermatologist, Harvard-trained Mohs surgeon, and Cantu Partner.
Type of ingredient: Hydrator and anti-inflammatory
Main benefits: Soothes the scalp, regulates oil production, and anti-inflammatory
Who should use it: In general, anyone can benefit from using CBD in their haircare routine. However, if you are dealing with excessive hair loss or scalp issues, you will want to check in with a healthcare practitioner before use.
How often can you use it: It’s safe to use as needed.
Works well with: Most hair care products and can even be dropped into masks and treatments for added benefits.
Benefits of CBD for Hair
Anna Efetova / Getty Images
CBD is an anti-inflammatory powerhouse, so much so that it is proven to help lower pain and inflammation due to arthritis. But, how does that benefit translate to our scalp? For starters, CBD naturally boasts a high concentration of antioxidants like vitamins A, C, making it an antioxidant-rich and anti-inflammatory option. “The actual active (cannabinoid) is anti-inflammatory and can help psoriasis and eczema,” Henry tells us. “For scalp and hair issues that are triggered by inflammation such as psoriasis, dermatitis especially in women who have hair loss in women. If women patients don’t want to use traditional medicine. CBD oil can help with those issues.”
Hemp seed oil has also entered the haircare chat, but because hemp seed oil is derived from seeds it doesn’t carry as many anti-inflammatory benefits as CBD oil. However, for those that are looking to moisturize a flaky or irritates scalp, Henry tells us hemp seed oil does just that. “Hempseed oil is going to help lock in moisture in the hair and scalp. What people forget is that the scalp is an extension of the face. What’s become more popular is the skifinification of the scalp and extension of skincare, so we should use similar ingredients. Do all the things we would do on the face (moisturize, nourish) on the scalp to help with hair loss and stimulate hair growth.”
Because hair loss and irritation can be attributed to many other factors, talking with your healthcare provider about your unique concerns is the best option.
Hair Type Considerations
CBD can benefit a range of hair types. However, Henry notes that research on CBD’s ability to promote hair growth is limited. “I have not seen any studies about [CBD oil] directly stimulating hair growth. However, reducing inflammation is encouraging hair growth and protecting the hair.” We can thank Phytocompounds —antioxidant effects and antimicrobial properties— for that. When applied to our skin, the hemp plant can molecularly connect to the CB1 and CB2 receptors in our bodies and reduce inflammation—this includes our scalps. Before you run out and purchase a CBD product for your hair, there are a few things to keep in mind. As we noted at the start of the story, CBD and hemp seed oil are different. Hemp seed oil does offer up fatty acids, which are excellent hydrators of the hair and scalp. However, CBD has a higher level of anti-inflammatory benefits. So when looking at the label of products, you’ll want to be mindful of your needs and the ingredients in your product of choice. The labeling can be a bit confusing, but we hope our breakdown helps.
How to Use CBD for Hair
ondacaracola photography / Getty Images
When using CBD oil on your hair and scalp, you’ll want to follow the same practices you would with any other hair care ingredient if you’re using a CBD-infused shampoo, conditioner, or styling product used as recommended or as often as your hair type calls for. When it comes to applying CBD oil to the scalp, six to eight drops are typically more than enough for any oil you plan to use on the scalp, and we’d apply that same cadence here.
The Best Products with CBD and Hemp Seed Oil
Made with a blend of 100 mg CBD oil-enriched, arnica flower, hemp, and tamanu seed oils, this oil calms and moisturizes the skin and scalp.
Formulated with cannabis Sativa seed oil, ginseng root, and horsetail extract, this formula moisturizes and softens each strand to encourage thicker, healthier-looking hair.
Made with a 3:1 broad-spectrum cannabinoid complex with a blend of baobab and castor oils, rosemary, cedarwood, and other herbal extracts, this rich multitasking formula can be used as a scalp treatment, leave-in, or as an addition to any hair mask.
With a blend of three natural, raw ingredients: 100% pure and certified organic hemp seed oil, pure shea butter, and coconut oil, this hydrating formula can be used on the hair, scalp, and body.
CBD oil is an anti-inflammatory hydrator that soothes the scalp and regulates oil production.
CBD can benefit a range of hair types. However, Henry notes that research on CBD’s ability to promote hair growth is limited. “I have not seen any studies about [CBD oil] directly stimulating hair growth. However, reducing inflammation is encouraging hair growth and protecting the hair.”
When it comes to applying CBD oil to the scalp, six to eight drops are typically more than enough for any oil you plan to use on the scalp, and we’d apply that same cadence here.