3 CBD Dog Treat Recipes To Delight and Nourish Your Four-Legged Friends
There are many benefits of CBD oil for dogs, which is why so many dog-lovers buy CBD dog treats for their furry friends. But did you know that you can make your own CBD-enriched dog treats at home? Here are a few easy recipes for CBD dog treats.
Please note that the measurements of CBD oil assume your dog uses one drop a day. Please check our dosage chart and adjust accordingly.
No-Bake Pumpkin and Turmeric CBD Dog Treats
These no-bake treats are perfect for dogs with inflammatory conditions. Both CBD and turmeric have anti-inflammatory properties, and the crack of black pepper helps your dog absorb the goodness of turmeric.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree*
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tsp. turmeric
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
*Ensure that the pumpkin puree is pure pumpkin with no added preservatives or sweeteners. Be especially careful to avoid xylitol, a common sweetener that’s extremely toxic to dogs, even in small doses.
- Mix the pumpkin, honey, turmeric, coconut oil, and black pepper in a bowl until it’s all mixed together well.
- Add the rolled oats. You might want to add more or less oats to make it the right consistency. It should feel like a cookie dough consistency.
- Put parchment paper on a small baking sheet. Break off equal pieces of cookie dough and roll them into balls. A melon scooper or ice-cream scoop might be helpful. Ideally, you’d want to get about 14 balls out of this mixture, but the final number depends on how large the balls are.
- Now it’s time to add the CBD oil. The amount of oil you add depends on how much your dogs need. Assuming your dogs need one drop of CBD oil a day, add one drop to each treat and give them one treat a day. If you’re unsure which dosage to use, check our CBD oil for dogs dosage chart.
- Place the balls in the fridge so that they can harden. This should take 15 minutes.
- They can be refrigerated for about two weeks.
Since this recipe makes 14 and lasts about two weeks, you can give your dog one a day, every day!
Peanut Butter CBD-Enriched Dog Cookies
These dog cookies combine the deliciousness of apple sauce and peanut butter with the goodness of CBD oil. They’re sure to be a hit with your furry friends!
- 1 cup apple sauce *
- ½ cup peanut butter *
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- CBD oil
*Ensure that the apple sauce and peanut butter don’t contain toxic preservatives or sweeteners. Be especially careful to avoid xylitol, a common sweetener that’s extremely toxic to dogs, even in small doses.
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit (170 degrees Celcius).
- Mix the apple sauce, peanut butter, and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Add the baking soda and flour while stirring.
- Mix until everything is well-combined. Ideally, you’d like it to be a dough-like consistency. If necessary, add more flour or a little water to change the consistency.
- Roll the dough into small balls. Alternatively, roll the dough out and use cookie cutters to divide them up. You want them to be about a quarter of an inch (half a centimeter) in thickness.
- Put parchment paper or wax paper on a baking sheet. Add the cookie dough to the sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Once cooled down completely, add the CBD oil to the cookies. If your dog needs one drop of CBD oil a day, add one drop to each treat. Allow the oil to soak into the cookies.
Store the biscuits in an airtight container. Give your dog one treat a day, or more if they need an extra dose.
Sweet Potato and Yogurt CBD-Enriched Dog Treats
This is also a no-bake recipe that is super easy to do. The mashed sweet potato can be exchanged for mashed pumpkin. These delicious cold treats are perfect for the warm summer months!
The number of treats this recipe yields will depend on the size of your molds.
- 1 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- CBD oil
- Mix the yogurt with the sweet potato mash and coconut oil in a large bowl. Ensure it’s mixed thoroughly.
- Scoop the mixture into silicon molds or ice trays.
- Add CBD oil to each treat. If your dog needs one drop of CBD oil a day, add one drop to each treat.
- Put the trays or molds into the freezer for about three hours.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Give your dog one a day, or more to increase the dosage.
- Ear Infections,Obesi.
- Golden Retriever
Lucky is like my child (probably because I don’t have children yet, but that’s besides the point). She’s so fluffy…
- Pain,Cancer,Elbow Dy.
Tilly is the toughest, most stubborn Rottweiler I’ve ever known, but she’s my girl. Even though our personalities are completely…
- French Bulldog
- German Shepherd
- German Shorthaired Pointer
Penny is adorable, lovable, and downright awesome. I’ve had German Shorthaired Pointers all my life, and I’ve never wanted anything…
- Hip Dysplasia,Arthri.
Rylie is a toy poodle, and she’s a very, very good girl. She’s 6-years-old now, and she’s had a heart…
Homemade CBD Oil Dog Treats – 4 Easy Recipes!
With numerous CBD health benefits for dogs, many pet parents are purchasing CBD dog treats for their furry best friends. Although they’re available online and in stores, nothing is as much fun as making them together with your pooch at home.
Getting to choose which natural ingredients and flavors to use from like kale-carrot, blueberry-cranberry, pumpkin harvest flavor or peanut butter crunch make baking CBD dog treats at home a fun experience for all.
You can also opt to use natural, healthy ingredients to ensure natural macro and micro-nutrients with no synthetic dyes or preservatives keeping your dog healthy all the way!
That said, it’s important to note that CBD oil measurements will vary according to your dog’s weight and health. CBD edibles for pets make life much easier, and are fun to bake.
Besides what’s better than safe, natural, vegan, and non-GMO baked dog treats for your furry best friend? Keep reading to find out more about CBD treats for pets, how to use them, and why they are so popular today?
What is CBD?
CBD is a non-psychotropic phytocannabinoid that offers both therapeutic and medicinal purposes for humans and pets. It is also natural, safe, and is derived from hemp and cannabis. Most CBD dog treats will use CBD from hemp. That said, there is no “high” and your furry best friend will not consume THC or tetrahydrocannabinol, resulting in psychoactive effects with your dog getting “high”.
Cannabidiol dog treats help dogs relax and become pain –free. The pet industry has watched the rising popularity of CBD products throughout 2019, and have recognized the effectiveness of hemp oil to help with chronic pain, anxiety and other ailments in pets.
Full-spectrum CBD tinctures offer specific terpenes and active ingredients to address health issues, including pain and anxiety in pets. Today, alternate health and wellness options for pets via natural supplements or nutraceuticals are becoming popular household items because they don’t have the side effects of pharmaceuticals. Using natural CBD supplements for pet s that utilize nano-sized microemulsion for optimal bioavailability helps to keep your pets healthy and free from pain and suffering.
Your holistic veterinarian will be able to offer you complete guidance on the correct and safe dosage of any CBD pet tinctures. Hemp pet products are natural, safe, and have the potential to help with pain, insomnia, anxiety, and plenty of other health issues in both cats and dogs.
Understanding the importance of transparency in all CBD brands is important when choosing a CBD hemp oil product for your pet. That said, consult with your veterinarian before choosing a CBD pet product and adding it to your pet’s regime.